Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, February 5, 2010

Presents

I was hanging out in Bob's room after school today, working on this binder that I'm making for the senior advisor. I just think they should get a heads up before all the weird stuff gets dumped on them.

It's lonely in my room, that's why.

Bob got a new shelf for his student journals. Nice, eh?

And now he's playing the new shelf shuffle. His goal is to end up with a windowsill that's not covered in stacks of books. I applaud his efforts.

During his shuffling, he asks me if I want a present. I promptly responded with: "Candy! Or Tums." (School lunch) Turns out he actually had Tums. So I got some of those. It's my first experience with pepermint, but they're okay.

Then he gave me my actual "present," which was just as awesome:
Don't laugh. I need these, and I didn't order enough this year. Since I'm one of the few teachers in the school using my old projector, these are always welcome. I like them most because I can edit in front of the kids, and they can follow along. I know Smart-boards will do that too. But you can't back a smart board up to make it big enough to trace a Christmas pattern on it, can you? No. No you can't. 

Then I found out that Bob actually bought me a Valentines Day present, which is shocking, because I hadn't actually thought about it. But here it is:



YEAH!! Tums and CANDY!! Bob is great. 

2 comments:

  1. thats really nice of him, to give you a trail of presents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I jealous! That's more than I'll get from Nate for V-Day.
    Who is Bob by the way? I think we need to hear more about him...

    ReplyDelete