Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Halfway Done

Hello Devoted Fans, I have now reached the halfway mark of Financial Frugality Freezey Free February. Yeah, I don't remember what I was calling it either.

Here is the rundown so far:

-14 days down, 14 days to go
-Used all the butter in my house, and Bea gave me some more.
-Really REALLY wanted a Dew at the ball game, so I traded some of the jello I made for one
-I've run out of oil, walnuts, oranges, and cocoa.
-The lettuce I was eating is almost gone, but Full Circle Farms should be delivering some more on Wednesday
-Because I can't make cookies (no choco chips) I've been making pear bread. I'm down to 8 cans of pears, or, as I've come to see it, four loaves of bread.
- My last 50 lbs bag of flour was opened over the weekend. The seniors are planning on giving me another one, since they used one of mine to make the cookies.
- When high school boys come to my house to sell me things, I simply ask them what month it is, and they remember that I'm not buying anything this month.
-Amazon is holding an order to the tune of $115 waiting for the month to roll over, so I can hit "buy".
-My shelves and freezers still have plenty of meat, cheese, powdered milk, pasta, rice, and canned veggies to last me a couple months, which is good, because there's only a couple of months left until school is out, and I can order a new Span set for next year.

And, just to entertain you all:

It's a birthday cake that looks like Eyeore!! Thanks to Cake Wrecks. This is not a wreck. She posts cute things on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment