Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, February 26, 2010

February, 2010

Here, on the last school day of the month, I've decided to give a rundown of the month:

-For the first time, as I was walking over to the school, the sky off to the east wasn't black, or even navy blue, but an actual blue color. The view from my classroom, however, is still dark.

-Just to let us know who's really in charge, the temperature has dropped down to NEGATIVE TWENTY THREE DEGREES FAHRENHEIT. Yup, 55 degrees below freezing.

-Speaking of freezing, Financial Freeze February is almost over. So far I've done it, with the following caveats: two trips to the post office, the five dollars my mom sent me for Valentines day, six dollars at birthday parties, and one order on Amazon for birthday presents. I believe that all these things were allowed according to the original rules. I did, however, let Amy buy me Snack Shack last week, so I'll buy next time. She also picked me up cocoa and jam while she was in Anchorage, so I have to pay her back for that. Of course, I still have all my emergency money, so that's not a problem.

-I'm half-way done with my second class for my Masters. I got a 98% on my most recent paper, so that's pretty exciting.

Wait, did I just try to recap a whole month, and only find four things? Turns out I did. Sorry peeps, looks like I'm really boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment