Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Monday, February 8, 2010

7 days down, 21 to go

Week one of Frugal February is now over. And I've survived. Then I put on my coat to come to school today, and it had a dollar in the pocket, and I decided that I needed to get Bob a valentine cookie. After all, he bought me that HUGE BOX OF CHOCOLATES!! So I told Melinda I wanted on, and she said okay. I haven't actually given her the money yet. I wonder if I can barter it somehow? Maybe I'll frost a couple dozen cookies, and she'll throw it into the deal. That won't hurt. right?
In related news: My credit card bill from January came. Right, now I remember why I started this little experiment in the first place.

And for those of you, my patient, devoted fans, who are getting a little sick and fed up of money talk: I'm sorry. I seriously have nothing else to talk about, unless you'd like to know about how dreams are prophetic in The Epic of Gilgamesh, or the use of pastoral language in The Odyssey. (Which I still can't spell without spell check). Besides that, I am going to fundraise with the cheerleaders this weekend. I'll take pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment