Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ghost Town

I know that my school is small, and I know that we don't have the largest classes in the world. But I normally like to have more than I've had today. We've lost a dozen kids to junior high baskteball, another 8 to high school boys basketball, and five to girls baskteball. Here is the rundown of my classes so far:

First period (writing) 8 kids.  (Bob in math only had 3)
Second hour (Reading) 4 kids (Bob had 4 also)
Third hour (writing) 3 kids. (Bob had like 6)
Fourth hour (reading) 5 kids (I don't know how many Bob has, I haven't been over there yet)

On Friday, we lose several more middle schoolers to skiing.

I don't know what's going on over on the elementary side, but it's pretty lonely over here. Luckily, it gives me the time to work one on one with more kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment