Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, March 26, 2010

My other best friend

Amy and I are having a Harry Potter marathon this weekend. We've reached the part where the kids are running from Fluffy, the three headed dog. In honor of this fifteen hour endeavor, I though I'd share some of my other favorite shows, which make life up here more fun:

-House, MD.  Oh, I love this show. Angie has bought me the signed cast photo. The girl knows me. Amy and I currently own all the seasons, and while I am more than willing to watch the new episodes on hulu.com, Amy likes to wait for them to come out on DVD. I like this show because of the characters, and because the person gets saved at the end.

-Bones. No one gets saved at the end. The guest star is pretty much dead when the show starts. I'm just a big science nerd. Because of the vague attention I paid during my college Anat & Phys class, I know what they're saying before they explain it to the audience.

-Castle. More dead people, but I sure do love Mal. I mean Nathan Fillion. I care more about the characters than the crime of the week.

-Alias. It's over now, which is fine, since I own all five seasons. I watch them about once a year, since I've been getting new roommates, and that's just fine by me.

-Big Bang Theory. We just found this one (thanks Steve) recently. It's a half hour comedy, unlike all the others. Nerd humor. I don't get all of it, but I get enough.

-Dead Like Me. Only went 2 seasons, the whole thing is available on hulu. Did you love Daria on MTV back in the day? You'll like this girl then.

-Psych. I have no excuse for this. I just love it.

-In Plain Sight. Oh, I love Mary Shannon. She's just so angry. And she gets to carry a gun. Why don't I get to carry a gun?

-Better Off Ted. Ted is in charge of the research department of a major, soulless corporation. I feel for him.

I know, this is my second cop-out posting this month. If something fun was going on, I'd post about that instead.

2 comments:

  1. I love Psych. Pineapple! I've only recently gotten into Bones and haven't watched too much tho I have the first two seasons on their way via Netflix. That's all I have. It's not much of a comment. Sorry. It's like a cop-out comment to your cop-out post lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that I haven't been able to get into Hulu. Usually the internet at home isn't strong enough to watch, and I don't like sitting at school and watching - uncomfortable chairs, squirrelly kids running around, etc. I would rather watch DVDs in my Lazy-Boy at home. :)

    ReplyDelete