Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

NACTEC

I'm in Nome now, at NACTEC house. With 9 of the 7th graders. The other two are: 1) Moved to Buckland with the family, over the weekend. and 2) Burned out on traveling after being in Kotzebue for six days playing middle school basketball.

So far, we've only had one break down and cry because of homesickness. The battery in the van is dead, so only half the kids got to go to the rec center, and the rest got to hang out around here. Between now and Friday morning, we have 8 field trips lined up to teach us about different careers.

I will accept all luck, prayers, and well wishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment