Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Saturday, May 22, 2010

This Old House

No, we're not talking about renovations. But we might be soon. I check out of the house in about 15 minutes. For the first time since I got it, I feel okay about taking pictures of everything at the same time.

A quick note beforehand: there are three things going to the new house that just haven't gone yet: the little freezer, the green couch, and the treadmill.

The kitchen:
See how tiny? See how little counter space? The new kitchen is huge, and has a real table with four chairs around it. Also, our food storage can go IN the kitchen instead of NEAR the kitchen. 

On that note, the storage room:


The treadmill does not belong in the storage room anymore. Also, there are two more shelves like that black one.


Living Room:
And a picture that Victoria colored. I found it on the back of the door this morning. Funny, funny.

And, where I liked to spend a third of my life:

Oh, you can't see the green linoleum on this picture. Just believe me that it's there.

And to tie the whole thing together:
Kitchen on the right, standing in the living room, and looking down the hallway to the bedrooms. Ah, there's the green flooring. 

Okay, what I would like to do now is show you the new house, but it's a mess. Boxes everywhere, and the table is already covered with stuff I don't know what to do with. So those pictures are going to have to wait. 

This wasn't a bad little house, but it also doesn't have enough room in the kitchen for both of us, nor does it have a king sized bed. 

Steve should be coming over to check me out in the next couple minutes. 
Good-bye house.

1 comment: