Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Sunrise

If you look off to the left, you'll notice that sunrise in Shishmaref is 4:41 in the morning. And that sunset is at 1:20 in the morning. And that leaves only three hours and twenty minutes with the sun down.

Dawn and dusk are always longer up here. But at this point of the year, they've grown together. It won't get really dark again until August.  One of the things I always look forward to is the sun setting once I hit Anchorage. They're far enough south that it happens there.

So here I lie, in bed at midnight, and I can still see direct sunlight on the building across the way. Also, the classroom I'm sleeping in doesn't have curtains, so it's going to be light in here for a while.

Good thing there's tv on-line.

No comments:

Post a Comment