Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Pond

This year, we had very little snow. Don't get me wrong here, we had snow. Lots of snow. Just not as much as last year.

Because of that, meltdown hasn't been nearly as horrible. I have only slid into a pond once, and I've only lost my shoe when my foot fell deep into the snow once. I did have to be dug out by a little kid with a shovel, but that was only because I didn't want to put my foot down in the snow.

Here's my house yesterday morning, and the puddle. 


I had big plans that involved documenting this lake that is created every year between my house and Ken's. So, of course, there is no lake this year. This makes me sad. In years past, it has gone from my porch post to Kens.

This sucks. Whatever. K. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment