Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Dad said. . .

There is a potato processing plant (transfer station?) near my home. It has a reader-board out front. This board doesn't display hours of operation, or upcoming events. Nope, it just had punny things on it. And one time, it said: "Delia said I had to change the sign."  It was the first time I'd seen that, and I just found it funny.

With that in mind, Dad said I needed to post more.































Okay, in real life, I am currently working on fabric prep for inupiaq days. First we cut fleece into squares, then cut notches out:



Now I'm cutting strips out of the sides. Next week, the kids will tie the two sides together, and fill them with stuffing. And then they'll have a pillow.


Yup, these are the things I do when I'm not living my glamorous life. Yup, glamorous life of . . . umm. . . swimsuit modeling and jetting off to Paris for a real French-tip manicure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment