Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, January 29, 2010

Procrastination. . . with a vengeance.

In an attempt to avoid working on my last big research paper, I decided to tear apart my old bulletin boards. One was put together by my mentor, in the fall of '05. I figured it was probably time anyway. I pulled everything down, but before I could put them back together, I REALLY had to finish that paper. For the last couple weeks, I've had blank boards. Just plain old boring brown cork.

My next big paper is due this weekend. So, of course, I decided to put my boards back together. I even went as far as to put new paper on two boards in the hallway, hang stuff on one, and completely remake another. Since no one around here seems to care, I've decided to share my procrastination with you.

(I should mention that I actually opened my laptop to start writing my paper. My research is done. My outline is done. Now I'm just at the "write it down" phase of the writing process. This is where my kids get stuck a lot too.)

This one is behind my desk:

This one used to be bigger, but has since been covered by a bookshelf, so I decided to put this poster lower. It used to be above the white-board, but no one could read it up there:

This board has gone through the most changes in my time here, and I currently like its information. Also how I can now put it all together in one place.



Here is my hallway one:



See how it's math stuff? It's actually riddles and stuff. It was the best I could come up with after school yesterday.



The irony of this one is that the border is American flags, and the hidden door posters are about a British Book. I won't tell if you don't. Also, standing this far back, I see that my posters are at bad angles. Luckily, this one is in the hallway, and I don't have to look at it on a regular basis.

I am fully aware that this blog posting is pretty much "Lame."  Of course, the only things I have going right now are classes I teach, and I'm pretty sure you, my devoted fans, don't care about appositives, my personal class, which even I have problems being interested in sometimes, and my cheerleaders, which you will all hear about later, because we're selling stuff tonight.

I just realized I was trying to think of something else to write about so I don't have to work on my paper. Enough procrastinating. Here I go . . . to write. . . aaaaaaaaany second now. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment