Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

It's fixed!!

Hello devoted fans. Thanks for your patience while I was unable to load pictures. It turns out that all I had to do was go to "settings" and chose to use the new system for postings. It looked like this:


See how I was able to upload that picture to the post?


Here are some more things that have happened in my life:

The annual Christmas Eve cracker and cheese party. I hosted. Angie and I made a bunch of stuff. Life was good.


Baby Norman came over for the party, and we hung out a bit. He's getting to the point where he can almost stand on his own now. He just needs some support. He looks awfully small in this picture.




Here is my Christmas tree, all lit up and covered in seal skin Christ signs and red bells. It wasn't until I was thinking about taking it down that I realized I made a bunch of ornaments out of glass, and never bothered to put them on the tree. I know, I suck.




Everbody loves a good cheerleader slumber party. This was at 10 am, and they'd been woken up a couple times before I turned on the lights. I'd only been back from Copenhagen for three nights, and was still exhausted. We watched Clue, with Tim Curry, and I fell asleep before the first guest died. (In the movie. Not in real life. All the girls did just fine.) The apparently recorded me snoring. And played it for me. Apparently I was supposed to be mortified, or something. It's hard to be mortified when I'm on day six of minimal sleep.




And just in case you're curious, here's the sun rising. We are currently at -18* F, with a wind chill of -48* F. This means frostbite can begin to happen after 10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you figured out the picture problem. I love seeing pictures of Alaska. One day I want to go there, perhaps I'll steal a little grizzly bear cub...perhaps not, perhaps not.

    ReplyDelete