Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The New Year

I am still unable to put up pictures, but here's a quick rundown of my sleep schedule for the last week. Why? Because I find it to be HILARIOUS.
Around here, we call it "getting our hours backwards," or simply, "Eskimo time." Since there's only two hours of daylight anyway, it doesn't really matter when one is up. I also worked at the kitchen from 7 pm until the games ended, sometimes around 1 am. Then came clean-up. A week of that would get anyone off. The problem now is getting back on.
A large number of the kids came to school today, having not slept all night. This should be fun.

Thursday Night: Didn't sleep. Slept from 10 am (the alarm went off) until 6 pm.

Friday Night: Midnight -2 am. Gave kids back I was baby-sitting. 2 am -10 am. Called in to church. Found out I was a day early.

Saturday: In bed by 2 am. Slept until 4. Got up until 8. Slept from 8 am - 5 pm.

Monday Night: 10 pm to 4 am. Got up and worked on my online class. Came over to school at 7:30.

The plan is to wear myself out today, and go to bed at a reasonable time, like 11, and sleep for nine hours. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment