Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Anchorage 2

Okay, I was planning on coming down to Anchorage "until I was ready to leave." Then I was going to take the boat home. Timing on the boat is off, so maybe next year.

I was told the day I got here that "It's too bad you're not staying until next Saturday, that's the day they do the temple session in Tongan." And I thought it was a shame that I wasn't going to stay that long.  Umm, I'm totally still here. And sitting in a session with headphones on in English is interesting.

It may be time to head for home. After all, house guests are like fish, not as appealing after the third day. Of course, I've lost track of time, and had no idea that I'd been here a week.

Clara, the youngest, likes to have her picture taken, so here she is:

We had just finished watching six hours of America's Top Model.

1 comment:

  1. I love Americas next top Model, way to waste time with that. Love it.

    ReplyDelete