Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Monday, March 16, 2009

My Favorite Visitor

One of the nice things about living in the bush is that I have a lot of friends. Or, more specifically, I have a lot of little kids who have me wrapped around their fingers. Which is okay for both of us. 

Today I bring you: The small people who have a large part of my heart. 
Carter in front, Harley behind. They are cousins, and the children of two of our teachers. This picture is from last year, they've grown since then. We're in my room, in the springtime. I'm supposed to be working. 

And this is what happened once they realized that I could take pictures. 

I'm trying to remember why he is in my room. After school, or a teacher workday, or something. So of course, I get the camera ready. Yup, he's winking at the camera.

For those that don't know, that's me on the left, and my precious "monkey" on the right.


Here are the older brothers of the other two. It took a lot of sneekyness on my part to get this. Ed, on the right, likes to hide from the camera. This is at a community feast this year. Thanksgiving or Christmas.
Harley in the front, his brother Jared in the middle-distance, and Rod way in the back. We're hanging out at my house. Which, if you'll notice, means we trade off the controllers for Mario Kart, since I only have two that work. 

This is my darling neighbor from the other side. Sometimes she comes to visit. We used to make cookies before I became the senior class advisor, and stopped doing things with my little buds.

Well, that's it for today. I just though you'd appreciate the wonderful little buddies in my life.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you have kids to keep you company. I hear polar bears don't make the best friends (they can be a little temperamental).
    Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete