Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, May 1, 2009


Okay, my devoted fans, I have taken another picture for you. First, for clarification, I labeled a bunch of objects. Thank you Photoshop.  I was standing on the front porch of the school, and once again used my laptop to take the picture, explaining all those really bright spots.

Right now, Lake Deighton is navigatable. There's also room to walk around it. Soon, we shall hit phase III, where I will have to climb over the railings of my house, because the whole distance between will be filled with water. 

On a similar note, the school is out of water. Out. The bathrooms have been locked, and several people have been running to my house to use the facilities. Just remember that the next time you have to go to a different floor to use the restroom. 

3 comments:

  1. As a member of the Shishmaref staff that has benefited from Colleen's honey bucket and proximity to the school, I would like to give Colleen the largest shout out ever.

    HEY COLLEEN!!!! YOU ROCK!!!! THANKS FOR LETTING ME USE YOUR "FACILITIES!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize everything was so close. It must be comforting to be able to share your pot with so many.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Watched all of season one of Northern Exposure... Thought of you, even though NE was filmed in Roselyn WA... :) Your illustrations are great! :)

    ReplyDelete