Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Monday, April 27, 2009

Lake Deighton

Okay, this picture is really washed out, but it's the best I've got for now.
On the very left is my house, right next to it is the small bit of melted area, which melted because the heat from the house has a problem staying in the house.
Then my pet snow-drift, the bin I empty the honey-bucket into, and there, on the right, that shiny spot: the beginnings of Lake Deighton. Right now, it's about two feet long and about 8 inches wide. Before this thaw is over, it will be 12 feet long, and 5 feet wide.  Keep an eye out, and we'll all watch it grow together.

No comments:

Post a Comment