Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Monday, April 13, 2009

Names

Over the course of my life, I have been called many things. Some silly, some sweet, and some just plain irritating. 
You, however, I have no name for.  In reading the blogs of others, I have been referred to as both a "blogging BFF" and a "gentle reader." While I like being both a blogging BFF and a gentle reader, I have a problem using either of these on you. Not because they're not wonderful, they are, but I'm looking for something a little more me. (And yes, for those of you thinking it: I know you're not gentle).

So, it's contest time. 

Feel free to put as many choices for what you want to be called in the comments section. I'm going to let this run for about a week, and then pick one. The winner will be sent a present. Probably of the Eskimo variety. Maybe something made of seal skin, maybe something beaded. I'll figure it out as the time approaches.

4 comments:

  1. Suggestions: Bob. You could start all your entries, "Dear Bob."

    Remember that lobster book I read last summer? Remember how the author's sister called the book a gigantic personal ad? Maybe your blog is kind of like that. Maybe you could address all your blog entries to "Future Husband" or "Prince Charming..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you do live with Alaskan Indians right? How about Indian names, like you were in a tribe. You be the chief. I'll call you Chief Shorts Under Skirt for Safety Reasons and you can call me She Who Dances Around Nakey and Likes it.

    Or, why don't you call us all your "Fans" as in you're the celebrity and we eagerly wake up every morning, excited to read your blog. We eat, sleep and poop your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since you know some of us and don't know others, it needs to be general. Here are some ideas: blogspotees, peons - since you are the grand queen high master of the universe, audience, my people - Matthew style, or shorten the last to peeps, blog junkies, hmm if I think of anything better, I'll come back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Because we are reading your blog and the things you talk about are alaskan why not "Shtiya" which is an alaskan name meaning My Strength. sence we are so far away we read your blog to see how your doing and keep tabs on your life to support you.

    ReplyDelete