Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Superbowl Sunday

So, it's Superbowl day. Facebook is all abuzz with news of the football game. I, however, don't care.

AT. ALL.

And that's probably a good thing, since we don't have cable here in our house. This was mentioned a couple times during Sacrament meeting today at church, and how people were just as happy without it.

Now, I'm not saying I don't watch "my stories." I'm just saying I can't flip between them. Between Amy and myself, we probably own close to 30 seasons of TV on DVD. Everything from Big Bang Theory to Law and Order.

One of the things I like most about having TV on DVD is watching the extras, and directors commentaries. Also, I can hit "stop" and pick it up again later. Missing the commercials doesn't hurt either.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. Our only tv this year is in the form of netflix. It's great. My kids had no clue what to ask for for Christmas because they haven't seen a commercial in two years. I love it.

    ReplyDelete