Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Cop out

Okay it once again time for. . . WEIRD STUFF MY KIDS SAY!!


Today we have two contestants, let's meet them now:


Zander is a 16 year old boy from Shishmaref who's on the leadership team, the basketball team, and is adored by most of the middle school girls. 


And our contender, Austin, a 16 year old boy from Shishmaref who's on the leadership team, the basketball team, and is . . . wait. Haven't we already read this intro? Oh, They're also best friends. Good to know.


With no further ado, boys, give us your best lines. Zander, since you're, umm, taller, you get to go first:




Me: "If you could metamorphosis into anything what would it be? Would you go into your cocoon and come out with wings? Or 8 feet tall? Or breathing fire?"
Zander: "Yeah, twice."

Okay, that's very funny, Austin, you're going to have to bring the heat to beat this:

Discussing hyperbole: "Like when I open a cupboard, and a notebook falls out, and I yell, 'I could have been killed!' Could I really have been killed?"  
Austin: If it had a knife in it.

Oh, good one Austin. I'm going to have to vote for your quip. 

How about the rest of you. Go ahead and vote in the comments for the ridiculous statement you like the most!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Gregor is all I can say. To be hated and have apples thrown at you... Yes, I am alluding to Kafka. What? You didn't get that allusion? What's wrong with you?

    I vote for knife, it has more punch, er...cut?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, who doesn't keep their knives in their notebooks up in a cupboard?

    ReplyDelete