Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year

Well, we're six days into the new year. Since I made no resolutions, I have none to break. Way to go me.

Here is the upcoming list of things I have to do:

-Work on my masters.
     Taking HUMN 520: Medieval literature. This class started on Monday, and will go for 4 months.
     Taking HUMN 541: The Enlightenment. This class will start Feb 7th, and run for 4 months.

-Teaching Classes.
     Two reading classes, three writing classes, one Life Skills/Career Skills class.

-After school program.
     The woman who ran the after school program is no longer doing it, along with two of the tutors. Kiley and Kevin stepped up to take over the tutoring spots, and I've decided to take over the coordinator job. This mostly involves me passing out snacks, doing paperwork, and ordering supplies for future use. I officially got the job yesterday, so I still have a lot to learn, but I think I'll be okay. It's 10 hours a week.

-Senior Class
    Ball games, valentine day cookies, and planning the senior trip. Some weeks are much more labor intensive than others.

This should be an interesting semester. Who needs sleep?

1 comment: