Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, July 30, 2010

Local Weather

I would normally thow an appology in here. But really, we all know that I get like this in the summer.

As most of you know, the sun doesn't set for very long in Shishmaref this time of year. My mother's computer is well aware of this fact. We've been keeping track of where everyone is, and the temperatures in those respective places. I was just on the computer, at 12:30 am, and had to laugh out loud when I saw our local temperatures:

Yup, there's Shishmaref, still sporting blue skies and a bright yellow sun. Also, if you'll notice, it's 3 degrees warmer in Shish than in Sedro-Woolley right now. Of course, the sun is still up there. Once the sun comes up in Myrtle Beach and Provo, their numbers will start climbing. Shishmaref won't get much about 65 this week. I wish the same could be said for here, as I get REALLY lazy when it starts to heat up.

I am leaving Sedro-Woolley on Monday, and will be leaving Washington early Tuesday morning. My next post will probably be from Alaska. It's weird to think it went by so quickly.

1 comment:

  1. 81 is like nothing here. i might even think about putting on a coat. jk. i have only done that like once the whole time i've been here.

    ReplyDelete