Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Friday, October 16, 2009

Sisters

After my previous posting about my new need for glasses, and the overwhelming response I've gotten from some lovely ladies telling me to be nicer to myself, or they'll be meaner to me (I know, it doesn't make sense to me either.), I've decided to say some nice things about them.

My sister Crystal called me the other night, as Peg. Now, Peg is the regional President of FOMA, or Future Old Maids of America, for those of you not in the know. I can't be regional president, I just don't have the time. Anyway, here is a list of upcoming activities that Peg has informed me are upcoming:

-Thanksgiving Table for one Pie Eating Contest.
-The Autumn Ho-Down Chow Down, which consists of a gallon of Moose Tracks Ice Cream.
-The Christmas Sing-Alone. Where everyone sits in their own house, crooning their Christmas songs by themselves. It's not as sad as it sounds. Boots and Mr. Whiskers can join in the harmony.

There are some more. I'll write them down when I check the message again later.

1 comment:

  1. Sadly, I can no longer be a part of FOMA... but you have my support. I remember when I looked forward to joining the group,... it was back in the days when Fred and Ethel went to camp... good times.

    ReplyDelete