Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

First Post

In college, I had friends who had blogs. However, most ended up being a continuous list of complaints. With this in mind, I would like to set these guidelines for myself for this post:

-I will stay upbeat.

-I will not say anything about anyone on here that I would not say to their face.

-This blog is to help others understand what living in Alaska, in a house without traditional running water, is like.

-This blog is to help the general population understand my students better, and, through them, me.

-Because I know that other people may be hanging on my every post, I will update on a regular basis, once I find out what sort of schedule works for me. 

This should be be enough rules for me to start with. Let's see how it goes together.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world my friend!!! Let me know if you need any pointers on the art-o-blogging.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. More! Now!

    Or I'll beat this baby seal!

    ReplyDelete