Cold Hands, Warm Heart

My photo
Nome, Alaska, United States
After getting burned out teaching high school in a tiny Alaskan town, I have moved on to being a child advocate in a small Alaskan town. The struggles are similar, but now I can buy milk at the store.

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Ugh. The bush.

Like a responsible coach, I ordered new uniforms for my team two months before I needed them. Two weeks before I needed them, I e-mailed the company to ask where they were.

Today, FOUR DAYS BEFORE WE LEAVE, the school got a phone call from the company, letting us know that they never sent them, since our school address and the district address (on the check) are not the same.

Did they tell us this two months ago, or two weeks ago? No, they waited until today.

I called them, and left a message telling them just to send them to Stebbins, where the meet is being held. Wonder if they'll be there by Tuesday.

Here is a picture of one of our current uniforms, and why we needed new ones so badly:



No comments:

Post a Comment